JDI-SA is looking for an Intern!
Are you a young social sciences/law graduate with a passion for social justice and human rights? Are you someone who cares about people living in prison and wants to help make prisons safer?
JDI-SA is a non-profit organisation working to address sexual violence in places of detention. We are looking for a young, unemployed (or under employed) South African to join us for a one-year, paid internship in Johannesburg.
• Keen to work hard and contribute to a wide range of activities – including administration, organising events, delivering training, managing data, and drafting advocacy documents and communication materials (and probably a whole lot more!)
• A team player who values collaboration
• Strong writing, communication, and computer skills
• Thorough and thoughtful, with excellent attention to detail
• Proficiency in English and at least one indigenous language
• Social science or law degree
• Willingness to travel – to a maximum of 4-5 days on some months
JDI-SA will favour suitably qualified candidates from disadvantaged groups — specifically Black people, LGBTIQ+ people; women, and disabled people.
Please email your CV and a letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 31 October 2022